Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 700-216 Desktop PC
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

When I boot up, I get no video “No signal”. With no video, I can’t get into the bios to disable the onboard video so I can add a video card in the open PCIe slot. I did install the the card NVIDI GEFORCE GT 730 but still no video. When the pc boots I don’t get any beeps either. Any ideas?

I have reseated the memory and still no help.

thanks

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Assuming this setup has worked in the past, and the  “No signal” just started to show, what else might have changed?

Unless the connecting cable has been disconnected or broken, it could be the monitor input has failed.  Since the monitor is the same, try a different input.  Most monitors have the capability to accept a different type of input.

According to the spec page your PC has VGA and DVI-D outputs.  Whichever is being used now, try the other one.  Of course a different cable will be needed.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

Ok thanks 

just before the video went out, the screen was scrambled so I’m thinking it’s the integrated video that went out. I’ll get the other cable and is if that works. It’s a DVI.

HP Recommended

If using DVI output does not help, you can install that NVIDI GEFORCE GT 730 again and remember that you then need to move the monitor cable to the NVIDI GEFORCE GT 730 outputs.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.