Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
290-a0046
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a slim desktop 290-a0046 with cosmo a9 and I have no video out.  I have ruled out the monitor and cable.  Changed cmos battery and moved jumper still no video. Windows 10 64bit. Help.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

hi

290-a0046 Product Specifications

be more specific;
you say there is no video
But what exactly happens when you start the computer, are there signs of something or nothing at all?
You may no longer have a display, because there is a problem with the video, or the screen.
But if the computer doesn't start normally, you don't have a display either!
You say you have moved a jumper , do you have a precise indication of the handling to be done?
The jumper should not be moved any way, and there is nothing explained here:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-slim-desktop-pc-290-a0000a/19390529/document/c05964366
It could make the situation worse!

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

I have ruled out monitor and cables. I used jumper to restore bios to factory settings.  I hear no beeps when I start computer. I think it's not booting up.

HP Recommended

You can not change the motherboard jumpers without knowing what you are changing, are you sure at least what you have done?
computer off
unplug everything, leave only keyboard, mouse and screen
disconnect power
press the on / off button for at least 30sec
reconnect the "power supply, press on, and immediately tap f10 repeatedly  , if you can't start to go to the bios, I'm afraid I won't be able to help you

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

I tried all you said.  I think maybe a windows update was corrupted. I've had that happen before. Thanks for your input.

HP Recommended

If the computer does not start and you cannot open the bios, hard to believe that it is windows the problem retried but this mess tested with the esc key

BIOS Setup Utility information and menu options

try to f11 key

Performing a System Recovery (Windows 10)

just try to see if it opens, do not run recovery until you have recovered your personal data

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

Ok. When I get off work I'll try it thanks. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.