Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
24-g014
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am using HP All-in-One - 24-g014 (Touch) (ENERGY STAR). I used the Touchscreen for more then a year so i am sure it has a Touchscreen. Now i m not able to see the Hid-compliant Touchscreen in the device manager after the windows update. I updated BIOS, Chipset, Graphics but nothing helped i also reinstalled the windows 10 from recovery but still nothing. I have tried everything to get the Touchscreen drivers back but i m helpless can anyone please help me to get back my touchscreen?

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi,

Here is the link to the touch driver for the HP All-in-One - 24-g014.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp79001-79500/sp79280.exe

Hope I could help!

HP Recommended

Hi Connor,

Thanks alot for replying. I downloaded the driver from the link u gave me but after installing it gives me a error message " This touch panel IC firmware update is for ILITEK only. Please ignore this firmware program and exit this program."

HP Recommended

Hi Connor,

After trying many different things now i can see the Hid-Compliant Touchscreen in the Device Manager under the Hidden files, Tried everything to get them back where i can Enable them but nothing seems to work.

Thank Yohid com.PNG

HP Recommended

Hmm. I thought it would be a simple driver issue but apparently not. 

Do you know how to access the BIOS? I believe it is F2 on your device. When you next turn on your computer repeatedly press F2 until you come to a screen with the option for "Component Tests" click that option and run the touch screen test. Get back to me and let me know how it goes 🙂

HP Recommended

Hi Connor,

Thanks for replying, I have already checked BIOS couldn't find Touch screen in the Component Test. Also updated the BIOS but still no success.

Thank You

HP Recommended

Hi Dahlonega,

Could you please tell me what the BIOS version is and even send a picture of the components test list so I can match sources to your device.

Thanks,

Connor

HP Recommended

Hi Connor,

Here are the clicks for BIOS and Component Test.

bios.PNG

component.PNG

Thank You

HP Recommended

It's been over a month i have posted my problem here, but it seems NO 1 in this wolrd has a solution for that. Thank You for the mess Microsoft.

HP Recommended

@Dahlonega
Thank you for posting back. 

I understand you are in need of support, As you've performed relevant troubleshooting steps and the issue persists, I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to Remote into your computer and sort this out

HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:

• Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/
  • Select the product type.
  • Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.
  • Select the country from the drop-down.
  • You should see the HP support number or Chat option listed

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.