Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
OMEN 27
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

As the title, I have noticed this tiny tiny dark spot...and I'm wondering if it is maybe some dust that it has been collected under the screen glass....or indeed a dead pixel!!

Here is a video that I've done: https://imgur.com/CxO2Wur

Sorry for the low res..but you can see . Notice that it seems not to have same shape in every color....

Please let me know. Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@PIRATAS here's what I need you to do: 

Please try an alternate monitor to understand if this is either a hardware issue with the Omen 27 or a software failure within the computer it's connected to:

• if the issue does not appear on the alternate monitor, you may need to replace the display assembly on your device, 
  • if the issue appears on the alternate monitor/TV as well, re-install the graphics card drivers & update it from the official HP Website: Click here 

P.S: Welcome to HP Forums! 😉

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello and thank you for the reply!!

I have checked with other monitors but not same OMEN 27. Will do that next week as I will be able to try another exactly the same model.

What I can tell you as an update, is something I had not noticed before:

If I move my head to the sides, up and down, I see that tiny spot not in same position..like if it is not related to image source (lcd panel).

As it is on top of screen, I have it quite near the borders of the tabs of Chrome browser when this is in full screen mode, and moving my head I see this tiny spot moving across the borders..like if it is in between the image screen lcd and the glass!!! 

Is this possible??

Thank you

HP Recommended

@PIRATAS Better late than never, that said, please take your time and get back to us with the details,

As for the update, it seems like another dead pixel but it's hard to confirm until either you could check with an external monitor or if not, check on BIOS, when you tap on F10 during restart to access it, and check if it appears on it as well.

If it does, this would be an LCD failure, if it doesn't show up on the BIOS screen, this is most likely a graphics card driver issue: Click here to find and install the updates.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I'm sorry for the late reply, but replying from my cell phone on a mobile browser it does not seem to work, and as I am traveling now, I had some issue with that.

Same visual effects in bios, except for the black colors: no sign of that spot on blacks.

I have latest drivers for everything in my computer, so I guess it is not a drivers issue.

As for the spot, I see it going around things displayed on my screen, as I mentioned before.

Moving I my head around it I see it as going across borders of windows or browser's lines that compone its tabs.

Couldn't it be dust that got stuck between the external glass and the lcd panel?!

HP Recommended

@PIRATAS That is a possibility, but we can't confirm unless you check with another screen to see if that block of dust appears only on your LCD panel, also, usually the entire panel is sealed and there's no way dust could have entered in there, but if it has, we'll need to get the monitor repaired/replaced and I suggest you talk to HP support and discuss your options:

follow the below steps to get started:

1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Click on "Continue as guest".

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Click on "Show Options".

Fill the web-form, to populate a case number and phone number for yourself!

Also, if you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty, if yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from, 

here's how private messages work: Click here for details.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I've checked on another same exact model of screen, and the second one does not have any spot. So I assume is the display that has this thing (not clear if it is a dead/frozen pixel or dust under the glass).

Will go for a substitution.

Thank you so much.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.