Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
OMEN X 35

I purchased two HP Omen X35 monitors through Amazon January 29th, 2019. One started intermittently failing last month and is now consistently doing so. The right half of the screen goes dim and does not light back up unless I turn the monitor off and back on. After a reset, it dims again in a few minutes --- or sometimes doesn't for a while. I went to the HP site to check the warranty and noticed that when it was sold to me, it had 3 months left on HPs warranty -- even though I purchased it new. The warranty ended in May of 2019...despite purchasing at the end of January 2019.

The monitor has only been lightly used in its year (no more than 150 hours, if that) and now that we are predominantly working from home with the COVID-19 circumstances its function is even more important. Amazon has been no help, telling me that they can't do anything since it's out of their 30 day return window. I'd like to speak with someone at HP about this, but there are no options to do so. After calling Amazon out on selling items as new despite having an expiring warranty, they said they could potentially help if HP provided me a denial of service.  All I want is to have it fixed so it stays on like it's supposed to and so I can enjoy it how I intended. Photo below.  Not sure if others have experienced this half on half off with their displays. Thank you. 

IMG_20200320_104207.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@efitnesstrainer Nice, I'm a fitness learner 🙂

Here's what you need to do, to identify the issue and resolve it accordingly:

• Check if it works fine on an alternate monitor, if not available, check the BIOS screen to identify if it's either a hardware or a software issue:
    • If it works fine on the alternate monitor or the BIOS (Accessed while tapping F10 during a restart for HP computers) it's a software issue & I suggest creating a new user account to check if that works better, for starters or contact the manufacturer or the desktop for support,
    • However, if it doesn't work within the BIOS or the other monitor either, I'm afraid it's a hardware malfunction.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Riddle - thank you for your answer, but this issue is not related to a computer, it's the HP Omen X 35 monitor itself. I've tried connecting different laptops and a desktop to it and it just did the same thing. 

I'm sorry, but this does not answer my question at all... 

"If it works fine on the alternate monitor or the BIOS (Accessed while tapping F10 during a restart for HP computers) it's a software issue & I suggest creating a new user account to check if that works better, for starters or contact the manufacturer or the desktop for support."

HP Recommended

@efitnesstrainer I know Omen X 35 is a monitor, which is why I asked if you could connect some other monitor to the desktop you've got this monitor connected to, so we can identify if this is either an issue with the Omen X 35 monitor or the desktop you have connected it to! I hope that helps clarify my point!

Although, as you've mentioned that the issue occurs when you connect the monitor to different laptops and desktops, this is a hardware issue with the monitor and I suggest you talk to HP support and discuss your options, follow the below steps to get started:

1) Click on this link - http://www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Click on Sign-in or select the product using the below step:

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Click on "Show Options".

Fill the web-form, to populate a case number and phone number for yourself!

Also, if you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty, if yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from, 

here's how private messages work: Click here for details.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.