12-09-2016 11:50 AM
Turned the computer on this morning, and the display is showing as split, with the left side of the screen showing on the right and the right side of the screen showing on the left, with a black line in the middle. This doesn't show this way when I remote into the system, only on the internal monitor. I tried changing the resolution, with no effect. Any ideas?
12-10-2016 10:04 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel.
I understand that you have a split screen. Did I get it, right?
I request you to share the screenshot of the issue and also, will suggest you reinstall the graphics driver from the device manager and restart the PC once and check if that solves the issue.
Use the steps below to uninstall the driver and restart the PC.
- Start Control Panel, click Hardware and Sound, and then click Device Manager.
- Expand the node that represents the type of device that you want to uninstall, right-click the device entry, and click Uninstall.
- On the Confirm Device Removal dialog box, click OK to start the uninstall process.
- When the uninstall process is complete, remove the device.
Note With some devices, you might have to restart the system to complete the uninstall process.
The device might continue to function until the system has been restarted.
Hope this answers the question. Please let me know more.
Glad to help you. I work for HP
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!
"HP respects and is committed to protecting the personal information of our covered individuals." You can read more in the HP Privacy Statement.
I work on behalf of HP
If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the “Accept as Solution” button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the “Thumbs up" button!
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Troubleshooting Touch Screen Issues (Windows 10, 8)