Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 24fw (23.8" ) Ultraslim Full-HD IPS Monitor Dual monitor Bundle
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an HDMI cable from my computer to an HDMI splitters, then cable to two monitors.  I have an image from the computer, cloned on both monitors.

I'd like to extend my desktop across both monitors.

Under Settings - Display - Multiple displays - "Didn't detect another display.

I've refreshed my driver for my NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB.  Date 2017-10-27 23.21.13.8813.

I've rebooted. 

Won't detect, even though I see the clone on both monitors.

I'm hoping someone can give me a clue on what I can do to get second monitor detected. And to extend desktop across both monitors.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

I suspect the reason to be the HDMI splitter is interfering with the communications between desktop and the monitors that Windows needs.  Try removing the splitter and just connect one of the additional monitors to see if Windows can then communicate with the second monitor.

Some of the splitters will send the monitor info connected to output #1 back to Windows so you can get that to work.  It must be the one you are using either does not do that or it does not have a monitor on output #1.

Report with results.  It might be a good idea to identify the make and model of the splitter in use, here.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

Splitter = Rocketfish 2 - Output HDMI Splitter 4K Ultar HD and HDR compatible.  "Splits one HDMI signal into two outputs."

RF-G1603 / RF-G1603 -C

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/questions/rocketfish-2-output-hdmi-splitter-with-4k-and-hdr-pass-throug...

HP Recommended

Did you try without the splitter, as I suggested, just to test?

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.