Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Omen 27

So yesterday, my Omen 27 fell off of it's stand.  It is now a $700 paperweight.  The screen is cracked, still functions in all other ways.   Can I have this repaired?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

For anyone wondering or needing to fix your broken monitor, HP isn't going to give you the info on the panel.  Asus, Acer, HP, Dell, etc, all use the same panels.  The Omen 27 uses the Number:M270DTN01.3 model panel, screwed to a plastic frame and set into HPs molded ABS plastic back with their choice of stand.  It is extremely easy to repair yourself and can be taken apart with two screws and some prying around the edge with a spudger or something plastic to not cause damage.  These panels are literally available in the 10's of thousands from China, don't fall victim to the scam that is making Americans just buy new things because "We will".  We are proving them right in this arena.  

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

@Thadeg I'm afraid the screen cannot be repaired 😞 considering its cracked! 

However, It can be replaced 😉

Here's all you need to know:

If the device is covered by an accidental damage protection, there would be no charges to fix the device by replacing all damaged components,

Although, if its not covered by any such extended warranty services, you may replace it on your own using the HP Parts Store, please use the HP Parts Surfer to find the part numbers of the display assembly, If you've already looked for it and couldn't order it on the HP Parts Store, you may want to get it locally at the online store such as Amazon or eBay, etc...as the part numbers are universal.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

I hope that answers your query,  

If it did, simply select "Accept as solution", to help the community grow, 

And if you wish to thank us for our efforts, click on the thumbs up for kudos.

Have a great day ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I can't find any replacement screens.  Do you know of any I would be able to find?

HP Recommended

@Thadeg Since we don't deal with replacing parts when it comes to monitors, I don't have any details as such, however, I suggest you talk to HP support and discuss your options, follow the below steps to get started:

1) Click on this link - http://www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Click on Sign-in or select the product using the below step:

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Click on "Show Options".

Fill the web-form, to populate a case number and phone number for yourself!

Also, if you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty, if yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from, 

here's how private messages work: Click here for details

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too..

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

For anyone wondering or needing to fix your broken monitor, HP isn't going to give you the info on the panel.  Asus, Acer, HP, Dell, etc, all use the same panels.  The Omen 27 uses the Number:M270DTN01.3 model panel, screwed to a plastic frame and set into HPs molded ABS plastic back with their choice of stand.  It is extremely easy to repair yourself and can be taken apart with two screws and some prying around the edge with a spudger or something plastic to not cause damage.  These panels are literally available in the 10's of thousands from China, don't fall victim to the scam that is making Americans just buy new things because "We will".  We are proving them right in this arena.  

HP Recommended

Thanks for your follow up. I have the same monitor that is basically a giant night light right now. the right side/edge of the screen looks like it had something heavy hit it, but there is not external damage. The graphics in that area look cracked. The rest of the screen is just bright white. I was just about to give up on finding replacement parts when I found your thread. I'm not positive of what is wrong, so I don't know if your fix will work for me, but I'll give it a try. If you have any further input for me, I'm very open to someone with experience. Thanks again.

HP Recommended

Yeah, it's either the panel itself or a controller inside.  Myself, I would do what you're saying, buy the panel and try that first and if that doesn't work, you can find them with broken LCDs or just the controllers on eBay for really cheap.   In the end, worst case scenario, you fix your monitor for $200 bucks, still less than any used, in decent condition.   Good luck!

HP Recommended

Thanks again for the follow up. Could you shoot me the site you received yours from? I've found it (in several places like you said), but there's comfort in knowing someone has had luck with a site I've never used.

[Personal Information Removed]

HP Recommended

Thadeg, you're a lifesaver. Got my replacement part and I had a working screen within an hour. The worst part was the charlie horse I got from sitting in the floor for an hour.

Thanks again Sir.

HP Recommended

I don't think it's HP's or any manufactuers fault that the screen got cracked. 

Laptops are like babies. Don't leave them in a hot carr, don't drop them  hit them ,and handle them like they were your baby. 

Take care of your stuff.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.