Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Hello,

I have got HP Omen 27i display and find that its screen is flickering slightly in desktop usage like the screen

refresh rate would be 60Hz or even lower. In games it's hard to notice and monitor looks to be working fine.

I discussed about this subject with an another user of this monitor model on other forum, he agreed with me that.

I have:

* Been using displayport connection, nvidia gtx 1070 graphics card, with display cable provided in monitor's package

* Checked the monitor settings via monitor's in-build menu (Adaptive-Sync 2560 x 1440 165Hz)

* Tried to change display's refresh-rate in windows, back and forth between 60Hz and 165Hz

* Installed latest monitor driver package I found on HP's pages, sp102199.exe and checked status is ok in windows device manager

* Installed latest nvidia graphics drivers (tried clean install of windows and also forced removal of graphics driver with ddu-tool as well)

I have got still warranty over 10 months for this display left. But, the local shop from which I bought might not accept returning and if the flickering is "a feature" of this display then nothing much can be done and I have to live with it. So, my question is that if there is perhaps a new firmware (current firmware in use: LIM111) for this monitor or is it simply just by design, and that nothing can be done for the flickering?

Best Regards,

Ike

PS. My monitor unit has that "cracking sounds" issue when I turn the monitor off and it is cooling down, an another not that funny thing.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

And no, did you even read my original post? I thought that I clearly addressed that the flickering is 

most noticeable in basic desktop usage (not in gaming). It is perhaps due to LG's

nano-IPS panel, but cannot be sure.

Nothing was fixed but thank you anyways.

Best Regards,

Ike

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Ike32

I reviewed your post and I understand that the monitor display flickers when you play games.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I see that you have already performed all the relevant steps and I recommend you contact support to further diagnose the issue.

Here is how you can get in touch with support.

1)Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

And no, did you even read my original post? I thought that I clearly addressed that the flickering is 

most noticeable in basic desktop usage (not in gaming). It is perhaps due to LG's

nano-IPS panel, but cannot be sure.

Nothing was fixed but thank you anyways.

Best Regards,

Ike

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.