I have got HP Omen 27i display and find that its screen is flickering slightly in desktop usage like the screen
refresh rate would be 60Hz or even lower. In games it's hard to notice and monitor looks to be working fine.
I discussed about this subject with an another user of this monitor model on other forum, he agreed with me that.
* Been using displayport connection, nvidia gtx 1070 graphics card, with display cable provided in monitor's package
* Checked the monitor settings via monitor's in-build menu (Adaptive-Sync 2560 x 1440 165Hz)
* Tried to change display's refresh-rate in windows, back and forth between 60Hz and 165Hz
* Installed latest monitor driver package I found on HP's pages, sp102199.exe and checked status is ok in windows device manager
* Installed latest nvidia graphics drivers (tried clean install of windows and also forced removal of graphics driver with ddu-tool as well)
I have got still warranty over 10 months for this display left. But, the local shop from which I bought might not accept returning and if the flickering is "a feature" of this display then nothing much can be done and I have to live with it. So, my question is that if there is perhaps a new firmware (current firmware in use: LIM111) for this monitor or is it simply just by design, and that nothing can be done for the flickering?
PS. My monitor unit has that "cracking sounds" issue when I turn the monitor off and it is cooling down, an another not that funny thing.
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".