Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Omen 32 monitor

Does the "Gaming - FreeSync" mode on the Omen 32 reduce input lag?

I know it obviously enables FreeSync and that there is also a separate setting for Response Time (I don't need any info on those two), but it's the over all Input Lag I'm interested in here.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@12345654321

I am the The_Fossette. It looks like you were interacting with @MKazi, but he is out of the office today so I'll take over from here.

I would like to inform you that the monitor is not tuned to lower the input lag when using the gaming mode.

For more information please refer to the below user guide for your monitor.

http://hp.care/2CZ8jIR

Hope that answers your question.

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Can I get a response in this thread please (so it benefits others who want to know as well as myself) instead of a private message telling me to ring a number that's going to cost lots of money. I've already paid a lot of money for the monitor so don't want to pay more just to find out some basic info about it. Thanks.

HP Recommended

Second day in a row I'm trying to contact support by chat but everytime I try I just get this message "Chat is currently unavailable. Please try again later.". I'm not ringing that overseas number which will cost me loads of money. Can someone please respond to my question here or email me the answer.

HP Recommended

@12345654321

Let me take a moment to thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums. I came across your post and would like to help. 

I understand that you have an HP Omen 32 monitor. Yes, the FreeSync is supposed to reduce the input lag. 

Since the FreeSync is an AMD product, ensure that to select a FreeSync™-enabled AMD graphics card in your PC. This AMD article should help.

Hope this information helps. Keep me posted. Cheers! 🙂

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, but to my knowledge, FreeSync doesn't reduce input lag. Forget the FreeSync part, I'm just interested to know if the monitor tuned to have lower input lag when using the Gaming Mode?

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Could I get an answer please? Thanks.

HP Recommended

@12345654321

I am the The_Fossette. It looks like you were interacting with @MKazi, but he is out of the office today so I'll take over from here.

I would like to inform you that the monitor is not tuned to lower the input lag when using the gaming mode.

For more information please refer to the below user guide for your monitor.

http://hp.care/2CZ8jIR

Hope that answers your question.

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thankyou. That's what I needed to know.

HP Recommended

@12345654321

You are welcome.

If any other questions arise, please feel free to write back to me.

Good day! Take care 🙂

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.