Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Omen 32
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I have downloaded and upgraded the drivers of the monitor as explained but my USB ports still do not work. I have tried with a webcam, a keyboard, a USB drive. Nothing gets recognized.

What can I do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@lucio12

Welcome to HP Forums,

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂

As I understand, USB ports on the monitor do not function, 

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

Have you tried any troubleshooting steps? 

Did you receive any cable with the monitor? 

Is the monitor connected to the PC? 

Have you connected USB upstream cable from the computer to the monitor?

There is one USB upstream port and two USB downstream ports on the rear of the monitor.

NOTE: You must connect the USB upstream cable from the source computer to the monitor to enable the USB ports on the monitor.

Here is the description of USB Ports available on your monitor:

Number 7, 8 and 9 are the USB Ports available on the monitor. 

7) USB 2.0 (upstream) Connects the USB hub cable from the source device to the monitor.

😎 USB 2.0 (downstream) Connects optional USB devices to the monitor.

9) USB 2.0 charging (downstream) Connects optional USB devices to the monitor.

You could refer to the User guide of the monitor (Page number 4 to 😎 which explains the connecting the monitor to the PC: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05219582

Let me know,

Cheers!

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below,

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@lucio12

Welcome to HP Forums,

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂

As I understand, USB ports on the monitor do not function, 

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

Have you tried any troubleshooting steps? 

Did you receive any cable with the monitor? 

Is the monitor connected to the PC? 

Have you connected USB upstream cable from the computer to the monitor?

There is one USB upstream port and two USB downstream ports on the rear of the monitor.

NOTE: You must connect the USB upstream cable from the source computer to the monitor to enable the USB ports on the monitor.

Here is the description of USB Ports available on your monitor:

Number 7, 8 and 9 are the USB Ports available on the monitor. 

7) USB 2.0 (upstream) Connects the USB hub cable from the source device to the monitor.

😎 USB 2.0 (downstream) Connects optional USB devices to the monitor.

9) USB 2.0 charging (downstream) Connects optional USB devices to the monitor.

You could refer to the User guide of the monitor (Page number 4 to 😎 which explains the connecting the monitor to the PC: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05219582

Let me know,

Cheers!

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below,

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

HP Recommended

yes that is the solution. i have another 2 issues though, could you try to help me with those? i wrote about them here: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/HP-USB-Keyboard-not-accessible-via-HP-...

HP Recommended

@lucio12

Thanks for responding,

It's great to have you back 🙂

What is the PC model name or product number?

Have you tried connecting the monitor using HDMI cable?

I read your post and as I understand you're facing issue with the peripheral connectivity sound that comes after you wake up the monitor and it also resizes the open Windows and it closes them to quarter in the up left of the monitor.

This seems more like a PC issue instead of a monitor issue. However, we could try to uninstall and reinstall graphics drivers from Device Manager. You could also perform a BIOS update. 

Let me know how this goes,

Cheers!

HP Recommended

I disconnected the display port, connected the HDMI port and both issues disappeared completely. I have no idea why but there is no more any sound nor any resizing. 

Maybe my integrated graphic card is too weak for the display port? I have no idea, but anyway, using the HDMI port solved it all. Thanks

HP Recommended

@lucio12,

I am glad that the issue has been resolved. Your time and efforts are appreciated. As @Flower_Bud is out for the day, I am responding on her behalf.

Take care and have a great week ahead.

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have tried everything including calling HP support. I even returned the monitor and gor a new one. Same issue.

HP Recommended

No, I am obviously plugging it in properly. it is a simple plug and play...THEY DO NOT WORK!!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.