Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Omen X 35
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I was trying to test my new HP Omen X 35 for dead pixels.

I stumbled across this website to help me do this:  

http://www.checkpixels.com/  

However I immediately noticed something terribly wrong going on and took a video because I dont know how to honestly describe this.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Q1UhAHLRmU  

Is this happening to others? Is this a product defect? 

To say the least I am very concerned now.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi! @Tylermon, Welcome to HP forums.

I understand you see dead pixels on your monitor.

Don't worry I'd like to help.

Have you checked in BIOS if you see the dead pixels?

How is the monitor connected to your PC?

Also, have you tried connecting the monitor to a different PC and check if the issue persist?

Try updating the monitor driver and check if it helps.

Please find the link to update monitor drivers.

Try connecting a different video cable to your monitor and check if it helps.

If the issue still persists it is a hardware issue, please contact HP support for service options.

Link to contact HP.

Have a wonderful day ahead! 

Take Care! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for the reply, but if you watch the video I made you can see the behavior/issue is not dead pixels. 

What I can find online implies this is an issue with the monitor itself not having voltages work properly/be tuned properly.

Not entirely sure.

But I am wanting to know if other Omen X 35 displays have the same issue.

Going to try the display driver you linked and otherwise try that contact link as well.

Hopefully this can be figured out

HP Recommended

@Tylermon, It's great to hear from you again. I was much waiting for your response.

As you think the monitor is not getting proper voltage due to which there is a display issue.

I have looked into the service advisory and I was unable to find any issues as you have described.

But I would suggest you to directly connect your monitor to the wall outlet instead of connecting it to a surge protector and check if it helps.

Also, try the steps recommended in the previous thread and let me know if the issue persists.

I'll watch your reply!

Take Care! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

That is without a doubt related to the adaptive contrast. I had the same issue and turned it off and there were no more issues. I had issues with backlight bleed. I exchanged mine and got one without bleed but now 1 dead pixel and 3 stuck pixels. However, that is still better than the backlight bleed.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.