Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 24-g237c
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I have an application that relies on OpenCL for graphics application and its appears that OpenCL support was disabled at some point as part of a software update.  Can anyone tell me how to enable OpenCL, if that is possible?

I also have to add that OpenCL was always inconsistent on this machine and would frequently freeze the entire machine, which may be part of the reason why it was disabled.  Still, I'd like to have that capability to see if I can troubleshoot and resolve the issue. I can always disable it if I can't get it to work.  Many thanks!

System HP 24-g237C with Windows 10

AMD A8-7410 APU with AMD Radeon R5 Graphics, 8GB RAM

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Daveg22152 

Please check your Windows 10, it should be included or use the following Guide to fix:

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/168452-how-install-opencl-opengl-compatibility-pack-windows-10-a...

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Banhien,

Thanks for the suggestion.  I went to the link and installed the compatability pack.  I didn't see anything to indicate that OpenCL is active on the system and my software application still doesn't recognize OpenCL.  Is there anything I need to do to activate it?

Thanks again for your help... it's greatly appreciated

Dave G.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.