Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP All-in-One 200 Desktop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have the above listed HP All-in-one and it just stopped working last week.  We are terribly distraught because we had our life on that computer and thought it was all backed up on flash drives but wasn't.  The computer screen is black.  The power button is on.  We took it to Staples but do not really have the money to get it fixed at this point because we are both disabled on Social Security and at credit limits.  It has been a really good computer for many years and we just do not know what to do with it.  I went on support and plugged in the Product # and followed the steps given in troubleshooting and nothing helped.  I started with the Hard Start steps.  Someone told me it might be m harddrive or motherboard.  My wife seems to think it is something simple but is there really anything simple in this technoligical age we live in.  We just don't know what to do.  I am using another HP desktop that my wife's poor mother gave her for Christmas.  She really could not afford it but wanted to do something special for my wife and put it on a credit card.  It is not as nice as the broken desktop we are discussing.  Now doctors are trying to tell her mother that she has bladder cancer and less than a year to live.  My wife went to see her mother recently and had a small stroke while trying to help her mother.  We are poor, meek and humble and very upset at our computer issue.  It sure has been a good one.  I just did not know if I should throw it away or what?  The OS was upgraded to Windows 10 when it first came out but I don't know if it is 32 or 64 bit.  I think 64 bit.   I am 64 yrs old and only somewhat tech savy.  Thank you in advance for any advice/help.  We are so distraught over this situation.  There seems to be no easy answer to this technological nightmare.  

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@sonworshipers

Thank you for joining the HP Support Community

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.