Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended

I have recently purchased a HP Pavilion 22bw 21.5 inch monitor so that I may hook my PS3 and PC up to it at the same time,(HDMI and DVI respectfully). Things have been working great so far until today.

I was installing a game onto my PS3 hard-drive and switched back over to my PC. After about 20 minutes, I switched back and the screen was blank. I restarted my PS3 and notcied that while the HDMI output was being detected(no out of signal range messages or any of that), the screen remained black and the monitor's native control screens were blinking. Switching back to my PC, and all was fine.

I have tried everything I could on the PS3 end( reset it to factory defaults and everything) and still no dice. I hooked it up to our flat screen in the livinging room and it works like a charm. Plugging it back into my monitor after that showed no improvmenet.

So, the PS3 seems fine, the HDMI cable itself seems fine as well. So that just leaves Mr. Monitor. I haven't had any trouble with it prior to this point and I am infact using my PC and monitor right now to type this post. Any and all help would be great appreciated. Thank you!

-Anthony

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

That is very strange...have you tried unplugging the monitor and letting it sit for a while and then plugging it back in?

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Cadamer,

When the PS3 is in standby mode (red light) push and hold the power button until it beeps twice (5 seconds). This will bring you back to the standard HDMI audio/video output. 

Best of luck,

Kyle

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
HP Recommended

I've tried that a few times now, no dice. =/

HP Recommended

Have you tried a different HDMI cable? It might sound strange, but I've had a similar issue in the past with my TiVo. I had an HDMI cable plugged into it to my TV and one day the video just quit working. The HDMI cabled worked with other devices and the TiVo worked with another TV. I ended up getting another HDMI cable and it fixed everything.

Here is a document I found on Playstation's website:

PS3 HDMI Picture Problems

Even though I assume you have tried most of those. I would also recommend posting this on a PS3 forum, as you are likely to run across more people that have had this issue there, than you will find here. 

Signature
HP Recommended

I've switched the cable with no success. =/

Thanks for the PS3 document though. No luck there either unfortunatley. The only reason I think that it COULD be the monitor is because it works fine on our TV. I mean, it was installing a game to the hard-drive when I switched it over to my PC's DVI connection. I switch it back to the PS3's HDMI connection and now it just won't work? I don't understand it.

I'll go ahead and post on their forums as well though. Thanks for that. 😃

HP Recommended

That is very strange...have you tried unplugging the monitor and letting it sit for a while and then plugging it back in?

Signature
HP Recommended

!!!! Holy crap, that worked! Hahah! Thank you so much! I can't believe that it was that simple! =D

HP Recommended

Not a problem Cadamer, I was trying to think of a way to "hard reset" the monitor, glad it worked! If you could mark my post as accepted solution, it would be greatly appreciated!

Signature
HP Recommended

I had the exact same problem except that I don't have a tv to hook my ps3 up to at all. You just made my ps3 usable again! Thank you!!!

HP Recommended
When you say unplug do you mean take out the power cable or just left it in sleep mode with the hdmi cable out or something pls ex. Me more.
I got that problem.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.