Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP tm23 touch monitor
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I've run a tm23 touch screen monitor for years under Win7 (64bit) and i don't know what's gradually changed but the upper left and right areas of the screen are not responding to touch and cannot be selected. However the other day this all changed due to something going on with something (?) My drivers are up to date and it works perfectly with a mouse. I have tried the windowns calibration tool with no success as i cannot select the cross hair. I don't know what else to try, i'm sure it could work somehow as it did 100% last week. Any help apreciated.

thanks. Sean

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hey there! @sean_jackson, Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums!

I understand you have touchscreen issues with your monitor.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any hardware or software changes on your PC or the monitor?

Is the touchscreen working in BIOS?

Please provide the product number of your PC and monitor to assist you better.

As you mentioned few areas on the monitor touch does not function correctly.

First, try updating the monitor drivers and check if it helps. Link: https://hp.care/2JdHcsU

Also, Try updating the graphics driver and BIOS on your PC using HP support assistant and check if it helps.

Refer this article to know more information about using HP support assistant.

Please try few steps recommended below.

In Windows, search for and open Device Manager.
Expand the Human Interface Devices heading.
The touchscreen device is labeled HID-compliant touch screen, or similar. Right-click the touchscreen device.
If the option to enable the device is included in the menu, click Enable.

Reinstall the original touchscreen device driver that came installed on your computer using the following steps:
In Windows, search for and open Device Manager.
Expand the Human Interface Devices heading.
The touchscreen device is labeled HID-compliant touch screen, or similar. Right-click the touchscreen device and select Uninstall.
Confirm the uninstallation.
Restart the computer to reinstall the touchscreen driver automatically after the windows update.

Refer this article to further troubleshoot touchscreen issues with your PC.

If the issue still persists after trying out the steps, it is a hardware issue with the monitor.

Please contact HP support for service options.

Link to contact HP.

If the solution provided worked for you, please mark accepted solution for this post.

I'll keep an eye out for your response.

I hope you have a great day! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Mr Robot, ok I have not made any software changes to my pc since this problem began, I was not aware that I could be in bios mode and still have touch screen capability, i'm sure this won't work but i'll try it and see. Regarding the Human Interface Devices  - my HP23tm just shows up as a 'USB Device' when plugged and unplugged again. I have the latest driver for my win 7 64 setup and i also have a HP support assistant which curiously does not detect my only HP device in my setup (my tm23)

I will check the bios test and get back to you.

thanks. Sean

HP Recommended

@sean_jackson, Thanks for your quick response again.

I appriciate your efforts for writing back to us.

As you mentioned HP23tm shows as USB device in device manager.

The steps I suggested to uninstall was for the touchscreen drivers for your PC.

So you have to uninstall and reinstall the touchscreen drivers on your PC and try other steps recommended and check if the issue persists.

Also, please share the product number of your PC if you are using an HP PC.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Take Care! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

HI Mr Robot, ok in order of what you asked:

yes in device manager when i plug in my usb lead from my monitor to my pc i get one more USB composite devices showing up in USB controllers and also it adds another 3 USB input devices in my Human Interface Devices trees. 

yes i did uninstall my drivers (and all other monitor drives) and reinstall what the HP site told me to use for a win7 64 bit pc , this as i understand it is the latest HP driver for my OS (sp73308).

My pc is probably not worth mentioning as it's perfomed fine for a long time on it before.

None of these things made any difference unfortunately, btw the touch screen does not work in bios mode. It does work patchy in standard use unfortunately. 

A couple of things: I would have hoped to have seen a pointing/touch device listed in Human Interface Devices but not so. Also the HP Assistant i downloaded is oblivious to my HP device (monitor) being plugged in despite running it occasionally it doesn't know a HP device is plugged in.

However under 'monitors' in device manager it is listed as 'hp 23tm monitor'.I have also turned off and on my Intel graphics drivers which have made not difference either.                

any further help apreciated.

thanks. /sean

HP Recommended

@sean_jackson,

It looks like you were interacting with @A4Apollo, but he is out for the day & I'll be glad to help you out, 
I'm the Jeet_Singh & I'm at your service. 

As I understand you have followed the steps suggested and still having the issue. I would personally suggest this could be a possible hardware failure. I would recommend you contact our HP phone support for further assistance. 

HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://hp.care/2r9wSvP

• Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.
  • Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.
  • Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.
  • Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

If the unit is under warranty, the manufacturer’s warranty should take care of it for you.

Please perform all these steps patiently as it is critical to resolving the issue. The trick is to remain patient.

Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. 🙂 Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you. 🙂

If the information I've provided was helpful,

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons,

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

You can  manage to go to HP site for BIOS update if necessary, you should be careful if you had to update BIOS for your touch screen. 

hp probook 450
HP Recommended

HI, the bios for my (non HP) PC has not changed since i bought the PC  at least a year before i bought the monitor, i'm pretty sure there has been no change or update with my bios at all. The fact that i managed to install the latest driver for the monitor and it's not recognized as a pointing or mouse object  under my HID's in my device manager is weird. So to summarise i'm running off the correct/latest driver but it's stil not registering on my PC. I'm somewhat exhausted by the problem, although i have triggered it's corrected state around a month ago is frustrating as it behaved like it should do for a short while.

Sean

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.