1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Pavilion 550 RS232

HP Pavilion 550-209nl Desktop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I would like to buy a HP Pavilion 550-209nl Desktop, but I have a couple of issues:

Is it possible to add a RS232 connection on it? I need it to connect some instruments at work.

Is it possible to use with two screens?

Cheers

Ale

2 REPLIES 2
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
18434 18381 1505 2546
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Pavilion 550 RS232

@Varnon                                                           

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips!
Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out!

Let us begin!

As I understand you want to get details about a dual monitor setup and the information about the connection of products using the RS-232 serial port before you purchase the HP Pavilion 550-209nl Desktop, do correct me, if I'm wrong!

Here's what you need, the product specifications: click here (The serial port is outdated and is no longer being used on the newer computers, you may find a serial port converter to USB (example).

A dual monitor setup is an option, as you have 2 HDMI ports on this PC, if you want to know how to set it up, you may click here.

Keep me posted and I hope you have a good day head!

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
OE6FEG Tutor
Tutor
12 9 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Pavilion 550 RS232

Hi,

I searched the forums and found this answer because I am having problems installing an RS232 PCIe expansion card in my Pavillion 550 174ng. I have tried expansion cards from 2 different manufacturers now, and each time the computer fails to boot up; all I get is the HP icon. I realise there is no longer an RS232 connector on the newer Pavilion PCs, but is it also impossible to add an RS232 PCIe card? I have read elsewhere on the internet that the BIOS settings have to be altered in order for the card to work. But when I emailed Syba, they only told me it was a hardware conflict and to send the card back.

Regards

Matthew Pullan

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation