Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Desktop - 550-103na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I turn on the desktop then the monitor shows the HP logo with the loading symbol then it goes to a black screen with no signal. I am not able to log on. I am using a VGA cable. If i use a HDMI cable, it still shows the HP logo then goes to a lit grey/black screen but does not say no signal. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@hausofkarman, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Check the cable connections on both ends and connect firmly to the right slot.

Have you tried connecting the tower to a different monitor and check if the issue persists?

Once the screen goes black/no signal, do you see any lights on the PC or can you hear the fan running?

Perform a hard reset on the PC

Refer to step 2 mentioned in this document.

Try accessing the BIOS screen. If you are in the BIOS screen, perform a hardware test on the PC

1. Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.

2. Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. When the menu appears, press the F2 key.

3. Perform System Test > Extensive test. Share the result.

Also, refer to this document for more info on troubleshooting Blank/black monitor issue.

Let me know how this goes.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.