Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
2309v
Linux

Hi, I have been using an HP Monitor (2309v) in a Linux computer, It had been working for months but now it starts saying "Auto-Adjust In Progress" over and over again, I have tried factory resets, It is nearly impossible to change my settings because if I try and open settings when it is connected to any computer then it says "Monitor going to sleep.", I do have a Lenovo laptop that I can use to plug it into the monitor so I can change settings but I don't know where to turn off Auto-Adjust.

Sincerely, Bupone.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello
From what I have found here, the option should not be repeated
It would be up to the user to use the option!
I did not see an option therefore, to deactivate it (but I may not have seen everything
Double-check what is stated here:

1859m,2009m,2009v, 2009f, 2159m,2159v,2309m,2309v, 2509m, 2709m LCD Monitor User Guide

Using and Adjusting your Monitor

If you have this same problem with other computers connected in VGA, it is possible that your screen is defective.

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello
From what I have found here, the option should not be repeated
It would be up to the user to use the option!
I did not see an option therefore, to deactivate it (but I may not have seen everything
Double-check what is stated here:

1859m,2009m,2009v, 2009f, 2159m,2159v,2309m,2309v, 2509m, 2709m LCD Monitor User Guide

If you have this same problem with other computers connected in VGA, it is possible that your screen is defective.

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Hi Thanks for replying, the links don't work.

When I go to Settings, Image Control, Auto-Adjustment then it just auto-adjusts. it doesn't display any other settings.

I will try to repeat the steps a couple of times and see if they do anything.

HP Recommended

as I indicated to you, it seems to me that you have rather a hardware problem
both links work, I just tested them!

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

Hey, It seems you're right.

The screen isn't defective on other laptops but it doesn't work in my Microserver, my microserver only supports VGA so I might have to buy a VGA to HDMI Adapter, I will try it out on a different monitor.

I will mark your answer as a solution because it was a hardware problem and other people who have this problem might use your solution.

Thank you!

Sincerely, Bupone.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.