cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Whartfordimd
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

ProDesk Mini Video card erros - first repeat 2 second blackouts, now ghost images of previous window

HP Recommended
ProDesk 405 G4 Desktop Mini
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

This is an AMD CPU with Radeon Vega 11 video chipset ProDesk Mini that has odd video problems from the time I opened the box 8 months ago.  I linked the display via HDMI (using a DisplayPort to HDMI adaptor).  Things look good on a 1080p monitor initially but soon, I found that the screen would black out for 1-2 seconds inexplicably, usually while Microsoft Edge is running and WiFI is connected.  It has been recovering consistently so I didn't think much.  But now, after a series of unexpected flicker yesterday afternoon, like a poor cable TV reception, the display got a really annoying afterimage of a previous screen.  The image does not fade and the monitor has no similar issues with a blank screen or it's own menu screen.  SO I know it's the signal coming from the video card.  It's almost like the value of the color and brightness at a pixel were not completely refreshed with a new frame write, leaving a little of the background from the last image or screen shot leaking through the white background.  The unit case is hotter than other desktops I've used.  Wonder if it's a damaged video processor or video memory card.  Any suggestions before I lugged the unit to a service center 2 hours away?

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation