Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 23 All-in-One Desktop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am connecting a 32" LG Monitor to my HP Envy 23 All-in-One Desktop via HDMI cable in Windows 10.  System does not recognize second computer at all.   One video said get a Display Port to HDMI converter, but my HP Envy does not have a display port on it, only HDMI and USB.  One person said my HDMI port was bad, so I got a USB to HDMI converter, but that did not help.  Another person said it's impossible to add a second monitor, yet I see videos on You-Tube where it has been done easily.  I know the LG monitor is good as, when I plug it into my HP laptop, the monitor comes on and functions well.  Any ideas to help me, please?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Using a USB to HDMI converter should work just fine.

Please explain with make and model number of the one you have and how and what happened when trying to use the adapter.

Do not say it did not work with no other explanation.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

Sorry for the lack of information and I appreciate your reply!  I am trying to add a second monitor (32" LG 32UK50T  UHD) to my HP Envy 23 All-in-One Desktop computer.   My all in one does not recognize the LG monitor at all.  After I plug in the HDMI cable to my all in one and go to device manager, it does not list a second monitor.  I have been on the phone with 2 different computer gurus.  One said my HDMI port on my all in one was bad, so I ordered a USB to HDMI converter, but it made no difference, still didn't recognize the LG monitor.  All I get from the LG monitor is a message saying "no signal, entering the power saving mode shortly."  Someone online suggested getting an Display Port to HDMI converter and using the display cable that came with my LG instead of the HDMI cable, but I do not have a display port plug on my all in one.  However, when I plug in my HDMI cable from the LG to my HP laptop, the LG monitor comes on immediately.  I thought perhaps it was impossible to add a second monitor to the HP Envy 23 all in one computer, but I find videos on YouTube showing how to do it, so I'm truly perplexed what to try next.

HP Recommended

Like I said earlier - make and model of the USB to HDMI is needed.  Also most of those adapters need to have software installed.  Did you do that?

BTW: some of those AIO's have a HDMI input instead of an output.  There are many different choice in the Envy 23 AIO.  Need the model number of the AIO to verify what is available and where.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

Thanks a lot!  That was the problem.  Once I "installed" the converter, I got a picture on my second monitor.  Appreciate your help.  Neither of the two technical support guys informed me of that little necessity.  LOL

HP Recommended

Glad to help.

Happy New Year

Be sure to click on the "Blue thumb for Kudos" and "accept as a solution"

I'm not an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.