JonJC
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Problems screen sharing in Zoom

HP Recommended
Pavilion 550-076na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have dual monitors (HP27w and HP 2229h) on my HP Pavillion 550-076na desktop PC. 
Connected to broadband BT hub via ethernet cable.
When I start to screen-share PowerPoint during a Zoom meeting the monitor showing the ppt freezes and shuts down (no signal detected) - in Device Manager the Intel HD Graphics  4600 display adapter shows as 'not working'.  I can reinstate the Intel HD Graphics card by going to Device Manager and disabling the Intel graphics card and then re-enabling it - my two monitors return and all is well until I try to screen-share in zoom again.  I have discovered that if I disable the AMD R5 330 graphics card all works perfectly well with screen-sharing ppt in Zoom meeting.  May or may not be relevant but in Device Manager the AMD card shows as AMD R5 M320 even though I am fairly sure it is an AMD R5 330.   I have tried completely uninstalling all things AMD (drivers, software etc) and then reinstalling the older AMD graphics driver directly from HP - the problems still occur and device manager still lists it as AMD R5 M320.  I also tried physically taking the AMD card out of the machine altogether and all seems to work very well until I plug it back in.
How might I test whether the AMD graphics card is working properly (if at all)?
And how may I get the AMD card to register as the correct model (if that matters at all)?
Is there a different (newer, better) graphics card I can simply slot in where the AMD r5 330 is currently placed (I realise the options are probably limited because this is not a full sized expansion slot and the Power Supply is limited?
Any thoughts greatly appreciated.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation