Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Pavillion 24 All In One
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

New system less than 24 hours old. Set it up last night. Updated Windows to newest verison. Updated all Drivers. 

System randomly freezes. Microphone won't work right, so-called voice support doesn't respond. Screen isn't quality resolution at all. Went through "display" setup, NVidia setup screens, everything related to display, no improvements. 

Chatted online with HP, who said I need to talk to Sales. Initiated an email last night, this morning all I got was an email response with a phone number to call. 

This morning I called that number. After 7 transfers, I'd been on the phone for 65 minutes. One tech named Priyush refused to run diagnostics and insisted he transfer me to "shopping". "Shopping" insisted I need a tech case number before they can return the defective equipment. Finally got transferred to a tech who did remote hardware diagnostics (since my system froze when I tried to use the HP assistant app to do it) and all diagnostics passed. He then gave me a new phone number to call.

At that number, "Ryan" said I would have to pay for a subscription to talk to him. As a reminder, this machine is less than 24 hours old. I also paid for 2 years extended warranty. Ryan transferred me again to "shopping", who put me on hold and then disconnected. Two hours of my time, with no resolution.

I've jumped through the HP hoops, without help. Suggestions?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

I do not do warranty

but lets talk about the wild world of MS Updates

some are short and simple, not not .

then there are the 10+ majors from 2015 to now.

let me tell you what after any major update (20h2:?)

I first I have my gpedit set so updates are delayed 1month, not being w10 guinea pig is no fun in my life. 

if you are compelled to 20h2 then learn this

reboot the PC many times so w10 can self repair it self  (this is always good to do ) if fails 2 times the magic 3time rule activates self repair. let it.

even leave in turned on for days, so  it  can self repair.

my PC I have drivers set to not allow updates from MS.  runs solid now from 5 long years, (not one crash ever,some games excepted but super rare and only  1.of 50)

on many PC here. I use the OEM driver, and never change it unless the OEM tells me mine is bad.

that is all I have on W10,   good luck to you!  and It will work soon, I bet.

NO warranty answers by me.
HP Recommended

microphones is easy or hard

some PCs come with it disabled new, for 100% security and same with camera.

my wife used black tape over camera for privacy, i ask her why,  You told me to........ zing.🙄

there is web site>? MS?

that shows like 20 things that can mute the  mic, and is a horror to read.

skype. and others.

if you google why mic is dead, omg, huge hits. 

I run fancy USB  powered mic here for video s.

it is never muted.

try w10 sound recorder first,  see if it works

the driver has mic test mode. (in sound CP)

here (first is the privacy bit flipper)  this link is super good, wise poster.  and other apps can mute it, endless list that.

Microphone won't work right

NO warranty answers by me.
HP Recommended

Updated all the way to newest Windows 20.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.