Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Prodesk 400 G4 SFF
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have been having issues with our Prodesk 400 G4 sff, over the past two to three weeks more and more of these PC's have been experiencing this problem as they update, they have begun to randomly blink the monitors in erratic and frustrating ways, usually the monitors will simply blackout and come right back up at random times, however now the amount of time they stay black is getting a little longer as the days go by, I have tried changing monitors wondering if that was the case as well as upgrading the firmware and graphics drivers but despite what I do they will go right back to blinking at random times

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Updated same model to Windows 10 and now my displays are also doing this. One monitor is VGA and one is using DP but both monitors are having the issue randomly. Updated GPU drivers and Chipset drivers did not resolve. Not sure what else I can try doing yet but any suggestions are welcome

HP Recommended

I have managed to narrow it down to a user-specific issue, I can have a student sign in to a computer that they have never used of the same model and the screen blinking will follow them.

I am able to sign onto the machine and it will never blink for me.

HP Recommended

Interesting, have you been able to narrow down what HP setting might be following them? Do you use roaming profiles?

HP Recommended

We've had the same issue with our 400 G4 SFF PC's. We figured out that it was down to the manufacturer RAM, we replaced a PC having this issue with a Crucial RAM and the black screen was no more. Only thing is we dont want to buy RAM for something which is a HP issue for the rest of the PC's. 

Just wondering if anyone has spoken to HP about this ?

HP Recommended

We have been having the same issue with several of our computers (Prodesk 400)  IT can't find the problem.  We have reformated the drive and it still doesn't correct the issue.  We replaced one with a different machine and the problem went away.  Has anyone been successful in determining a fix for this issue?

HP Recommended

I ended up uninstalling the newest graphics driver version (Intel 530) Windows 10 was auto installing and installing version 20.19.15.4352

Since installing this driver version my clients have stopped seeing screen flickering with dual screen setups. I recommend trying this if it has not been done yet.

1. Uninstall and remove driver being used by Intel HD Graphics 530

2. Locate the 20.19.15.4352 version, I used HP site and the driver listed for the HP ProDesk 400 model we have

3. Install and reboot

Good luck, hope it helps. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.