internetbug256
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Prodesk dual monitor issue - monitors go dark and back randomly

HP Recommended
Prodesk G4 400 I7 8700t
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello. I have bought this refurbished computer some weeks ago, and everything worked fine so far.

But now, without reason, one of the two monitors I have connected suddenly goes black and back in a matter of 2 seconds, like if they were restarting.

It might happen when I am moving one window from one monitor to the other, sometimes even without touching anything.

My main monitor is connected thru HDMI (using a Display Port-to-HDMI adapter), the other thru VGA-VGA.

It's happening sometimes every 20' or so, sometimes just a couple of times per day.

The fan of the Prodesk is not busy, so it's not about overheating. The system has 32GB of RAM, so I assume it's not a memory issue (unless it is the graphic card memory, if is has any).

I've googled around but couldn't find any similar case.

Any help will be gladly welcome.

Regards.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation