Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Compaq 8000 Elite SFF
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have an old HP compaq elite 8000 sff pc at my job and I was wanting to know if it possible for me to use four monitors on this and what I would need to accomplish this.

At my job, my boss is wanting to hang two tvs on the wall to display alerts for our ticketing system.  I would need to have two graphics cards with HDMI and DVI. HDMI would be for the TV's and DVI would be for my two monitors. I have done a little research but haven't really found too much on my situation or even if its possible.

I would greatly appreciate any advice on this as if it is possible, I would like to know what graphics card would be best suitable for this computer.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Normally onboard graphics are disabled when a Graphics card is installed.  The USB to graphics adapter I linked in my first post would be easier, maybe cheaper and much more practical then adding an additional graphics card.  That PCxE x1 slot would not be a good choice, IMHO, for a graphics solution.

IF you wish to have 4 monitors, then get two of the adapters I linked before.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Assuming the TV's are to carry the same picture, you could easily feed them with a device similar to this

https://www.amazon.com/Plugable-Graphics-Multiple-1920x1080-Chromebooks/dp/B004D0QC0A

and use a HDMI splitter to feed to both TV's.

Depending on the graphics card that is installed, it might be able to feed both monitors.  Please post the graphics card make and model that is installed.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

The TV will have two different applications displayed on there. I have the stock card NVIDIA Quadro NVS 290. I read some an article on this site a month or so ago and people were saying the BIOS could not handle the newer graphics cards.

So before I go and buy new graphics cards, I am concerned that when I buy them and install them that this computer may  not be able to handle them.

I would like some direction perhaps on if I can install two graphics cards on this computer; what graphics cards could I use?

HP Recommended

According to this review the NVIDIA Quadro NVS 290 can drive two monitors.

https://www.cnet.com/products/nvidia-quadro-nvs-290-graphics-card-quadro-nvs-290-256-mb-gn502aa/spec...

Looking at the manual, there appears to be two different motherboards available for that model.  Here is the manual

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c01944842

which motherboard does yours have, by looking at the pictures and comparing to what is actually there?

I'm not an HP employee.
HP Recommended

I have the first one with two pciex1 and one pciex16. 

HP Recommended

Could I just buy a new power supply and then get two new graphics cards and not be concerned with what I need? Do you think the BIOS will detect these?

HP Recommended

After much thought, it seems my request may be difficult or impossible to do. I did some research and the best way to proceed to is to take out the 2nd tv and just have 2 monitors and a 1 tv. I found an nvidia quadro 240 card that is pcie x1 that I can use.

It seems the internal graphics are turned off and can not be turned on from the BIOS if an x16 card is plugged in. I can install the x1 card and then turn on the integrated graphics ports on the motherboard and with that should have 3 monitors. It isn't the answer to my question but at least its possible given this computer is over 8 years old.

Thank you for taking the time to try and help me.

HP Recommended

Normally onboard graphics are disabled when a Graphics card is installed.  The USB to graphics adapter I linked in my first post would be easier, maybe cheaper and much more practical then adding an additional graphics card.  That PCxE x1 slot would not be a good choice, IMHO, for a graphics solution.

IF you wish to have 4 monitors, then get two of the adapters I linked before.

I'm not an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.