Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 24uh LED Backlit Monitor
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Up until now I was using an LG 720p monitor with my HP desktop computer.

I just purchased an HP 24uh LED 1080p monitor, but the screen resolution/sharpness is worse than with my old monitor. How can that be? The text is not sharp at all. I have tried numerous times to set the text display using the ClearType process, but that has not helped. I have made sure my drivers for the monitor are up-to-date, but that has not helped either.

Can anyone help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Strydoma1,

I recommend you adjust the sharpness from the monitor menu and check if it helps.

Here is how it is done.

1. If your monitor is not powered on, press to turn it on.

2. Press to activate the OSD menu. The OSD main menu will be displayed.

3. To view the main menu or submenu, press on the front panel of your monitor to scroll up or to scroll down. Then press to select a highlighted function. When the highlight scrolls down to the bottom of the menu, it returns to top of the menu. When the highlight scrolls up to the top of the menu, it returns to bottom of the menu.

4. To adjust the selected option, press or button.

5 Select and return.

6. If the OSD menu is inactive, press to activate the auto-adjustment feature to optimize the screen image.

7. For Overdrive function, please press to activate the OSD menu and select “miscellaneous”. Then go to “Overdrive” to select the level of overdrive.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Strydoma1,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

What is the model for your computer?

The computer video card should also support 1080p resolution to get the best out of your monitor. Meanwhile, I recommend you update the BIOS and the graphics driver from the below link and check if it helps.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks so much for your response!

My desktop is an HP Pavilion Slimline, Model number s5-1020.

I should have mentioned in my initial post that, after connecting the new monitor, I went to your web site and downloaded and installed the newst driver for my monitor.

The appearance of graphics, videos, etc. seems to be fine. It's only text that doesn't appear as sharp.

Thanks again for your help!

HP Recommended

@Strydoma1,

I recommend you adjust the sharpness from the monitor menu and check if it helps.

Here is how it is done.

1. If your monitor is not powered on, press to turn it on.

2. Press to activate the OSD menu. The OSD main menu will be displayed.

3. To view the main menu or submenu, press on the front panel of your monitor to scroll up or to scroll down. Then press to select a highlighted function. When the highlight scrolls down to the bottom of the menu, it returns to top of the menu. When the highlight scrolls up to the top of the menu, it returns to bottom of the menu.

4. To adjust the selected option, press or button.

5 Select and return.

6. If the OSD menu is inactive, press to activate the auto-adjustment feature to optimize the screen image.

7. For Overdrive function, please press to activate the OSD menu and select “miscellaneous”. Then go to “Overdrive” to select the level of overdrive.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I did as you suggested. The monitor's sharpness was set to '5.' I adjusted it down to '3,' and the resolution is much better.

Thank you!

HP Recommended

@Strydoma1,

Perfect, I am really glad to hear that!

If any other questions arise, please feel free to write back to me.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.