Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY All-in-One 32-a0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

New HP ENVY All-in-One sold by Bestbuy (details below). When browsing internet, screen randomly goes black for 2-3 seconds and comes back. It usually happens when new video-heavy webpage (ex Youtube) is loaded for the first time, never happens on pages with light content. I exchanged the PC under initial warranty, but the issue persists on the new machine as well. So either all machines have the same hardware issue or this is a software issue.  I've updated latest BIOS, display drivers, there are no external connections except internet network cable.

I run systems tests using HP PC Hardware diagnostics tool, no issues found. 

Are there any obscure power management or video driver settings that may be causing this? Please help.

HP ENVY All-in-One 32-a0xxx.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700 CPU @ 3.00GHz

Windows 10 Home, 64-bit

BIOS : F.20-10/29/2020

Graphic device 1: Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630

Graphic device 2: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@ALS11

Welcome to HP Community

I have gone through your Post and would like to help

I suggest you download and run the HP Support Assistant from this Link: https://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html?jumpid=va_r602_us/en/any/psg/p...

HPSA will automatically search for all the latest drivers for your Notebook

1. Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.

Click Updates in the My notebook pane

2. Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.

Updates list in HP Support Center

3. Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.

4. Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.

5. Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.

Also ensure Windows is up to date.

Select the Start  button, and then go to Settings  > Update & security  > Windows Update , and select Check for updates. If Windows Update says your device is up to date, you have all the updates that are currently available

Keep me posted how it goes

Thank you and have a wonderful day 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi KrazyToad,

I do not have a notebook, this is all-in-one computer, I mentioned exact model in the post. HP Support Assistant was pre-installed on my computer, I ran it and updated all the drivers. HP Support Assistant status of the computer is "up to date". The issue with black screen could be related to one of the HP software or driver software settings. Can you help resolving it?

Thank you

HP Recommended

Thank you for the details

Since this is a replacement PC and you are facing the same issue 

I will escalate your case to HP's regional escalation team and a case manager will get back to you

Please check your Inbox

Thank you

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

I am having this exact same issue (i.e. when new video intensive pages loaded  in browser - any browser) with a new Envy 32 all in one a0014.  I don't see a resolution listed here....has there been a resolution to this issue?

HP Recommended

I feel your pain. 

I have the same model as you do, except mine came with the GeForce RTX 2060 graphics card. A few months after I bought it, there were some new graphics drivers released by Nvidia for the RTX 2060 that would cause my computer to randomly shut down in the middle of doing... basically nothing. Web browsing, using a program, etc. Not even putting any load on the system or graphics card at all. I rolled back to the original drivers and left it alone.

A newer driver was published a few months later after this initial incident. So I told myself, what the heck? Why not see if the new driver will work? Nope! Started power failure crashing again! Rolled back to original drivers and gave up on updating my graphics card. Until just recently.

Nvidia released some drivers this March and so far they are working just fine. No more power failures and etc. Here are the details from Device Manager:

Driver Date: 3/10/2021

Driver Version: 27.21.14.6192

I should mention I downloaded the Studio version of the drivers vs. Game Ready version. I read about the differences between the two and there doesn't seem to be many? I could obviously be wrong. 

Anyway, the direct link to the Windows 10 64-bit Game Ready Driver for the GTX 1650 it card is here:

NVIDIA DRIVERS GeForce Game Ready Driver WHQL

This new driver was made available March 16th, 2021. It may or may not help you and I recommend downloading a copy of the original HP driver from this website and put it on your desktop in case you need to roll back to it if you experience instabilities after trying the official Nvidia one.

Good luck!

HP Recommended

Thanks,

I will give these a shot.....cheers.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.