Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dmthies
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Re: camera not working

HP Recommended

I have an HP ENVY All-in-One 27-B145SE desktop PC.

I recently had to perform a system recovery because my attempts to fix a Onedrive - Windows 10 communication problem eventually led to my PC being unusable (the desktop was flashing off and on rapidly). 

After the system recovery, Windows 10 could no longer turn my camera on. So I used the Device Manager to find and install the latest device driver for my "HP High Definition 1MP Webcam"; that's what the Device Manager calls it.

The General tab of the Properties for my webcam now says "This device is working properly" in the Device status box, but the webcam is still not working. I used to use the webcam for facial recognition on the log-in screen, but now I get a message saying the camera cannot be turned on. When I turn on the Camera app, I get a "Something went wrong" message with a MediaCaptureFailedEvent error code. 

Help!!

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation