04-29-2017 07:31 AM
The model graphics adapter your notebook has is not capable of running Windows Aero.
I will give you a driver that will allow you to change the screen resolution and you will have graphics acceleration.
Download and run this graphics driver.
You will get an unsupported operating system error. Close out of any error windows.
This package contains the Intel 915GM Graphics Driver for the listed notebook models running a listed Microsoft Windows Vista Operating System.
Go to the device manager and click on the video controller device needing the driver (it may also be listed under the Display Adapters device manager category as a Standard VGA Adapter).
Click on the driver tab.
Click on Update Driver.
Select the Browse my computer for driver software option, and browse to the driver folder that was created when you ran the file.
That folder will be located in C:\SWSetup\sp34749.
Make sure the Include Subfolders box is checked, and the driver should install.
Then restart the PC, and the graphics should be working just fine, but no Aero support.
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP All-in-One PCs - Troubleshooting Touch Screen Issues (Windows 8)