Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
hp spectre x360 Convertible 13-ap0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am not sure why this keeps happening (this problem has occurred 3 times now).  I cannot seem to replicate the problem however it consistently happens while I am working on Microsoft Word 2016. I will be typing and then text stops appearing, the whole screens goes black for a few seconds and then returns to normal. This happened once while on a zoom call with my boss and even though we lost contact for a few seconds, the connection remained when the computer resumed normalcy. I would liken this to the effect of pressing a hot key to rotate the screen 90 degrees (CTRL + Alt + arrow keys) but as far as I know, that is a Windows 7 thing. Anyway, that is what resembles. I am not sure why it is doing this and I have a mini heart attack each time it happens. Any thoughts?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.