Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP All-in-One PC 24-df1000i (1W761AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

Hp 24df1023 replaced damaged screen and at that time added more memory, the screen stays black, will not come on. I am not sure if the ribbon cable is plugged in correctly also, it came unplugged from the board. My question on that is does the plastic flap go into the slot also because that's the way I have it.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @dgb23,

Welcome to HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you. 

If you have replaced the screen on your HP 24df1023 computer and it is not turning on, there are a few things you can try to troubleshoot the issue.

• Make sure the screen is properly connected: Double-check that the screen is properly connected to the computer's motherboard. If the connection is loose, the screen may not turn on.
  • Check the power source: Make sure the computer is properly plugged in and the power outlet is working. If the computer is not getting power, the screen will not turn on.
  • Check for any damage: Inspect the screen and the computer for any signs of damage. If either component is damaged, it may need to be repaired or replaced.
  • Try a different screen: If you have access to another screen, try connecting it to the computer to see if it turns on. If it does, the issue may be with the replacement screen.

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4
HP Support

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.