Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP omen 27"- z4d33aa
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have problems with resolution both in games and Windows. It's always on 2550x1440, even if I choose a different resolution, it just shows up inside this resolution with large black spaces between. 1920x1080, which I want to run it in, shows up with some 5 cm borders around it 800x600 shows up as a tiny square screen in the middle of a lot of black. When I did run windows at 2550x1400 and my games at 1920x1080, it would only work if i kept switching back between fullscreen (which was in a small part of the screen) and fullscreen windowed, where it would eventually turn out filling the whole screen. But the gaming experience was not pleasant. It felt very laggy, almost as if I were running on 60 Hz or something.

I got a Ryzen 5 2600 overclocked to 4 GHz and a AMD R9 280x GPU (reason I can't game in highest resolution). 

Do anyone have any solutions for me on how to run this screen at a lower resolution without such blatant performance decrease and such issues?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Katthatt

Good Day. A warm welcome to the HP community.

I reviewed the case regarding issues with the computer.

I will be delighted to assist you here.

Follow this link and update the drivers. Also, you could run the connection optimizer.

Keep me posted. 🙂

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.