Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Example: Omen HP Desktop PC 870-213W
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Trying to turn off rotating/changing lights on the front panel of the CPU . I would very much like to turns these lights off. The lights change from red to blue to purple. How do I turn this function off. I use WIN 10 PRO 64 bit on the machine. Haven't had a problem with any Windows or HP updates. There is a Omen Control software function. It doesn't work at all as far as I can tell which is what a number of forum members have noted. If anymore info is needed just let me know. Thanks.Purple Rotating LightPurple Rotating LightRed Rotating LightRed Rotating Light

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@NStem Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that the you would like to disable Rotating/Changing Lights on Omen Desktop CPU.

Do not worry. I will try to fix the issue.

The lights have to disable from the Omen command center.

To resolve these issues, perform the following procedures to troubleshoot the issues listed in the Description:

Procedure 1: Ensure the OMEN Commend Center and OS are at the latest versions.

Step 1: Upgrade the OMEN Commend Center and OS to the latest version.

1. Click the Search icon.
  2. Type Microsoft Store in the search field.
  3. Launch the Microsoft Store.
  4. Select Downloads and updates.
  5. Click Get updates. If there are OMEN Command Center or HP System Event Utility updates available, proceed and update them to the latest versions.

Step 2: Perform Windows Updates.

1. Click Start.
  2. Click the Settings icon.
  3. Select Windows Updates.
  4. Select Check for updates.
  5. Download and install all updates (a restart may be required).

Step 3. Check for driver and BIOS updates for your computer through the HP Support Assistant app, or from HP Customer Support - Products.

Procedure 2: Uninstall, then reinstall the OMEN Command Center.

NOTE: 

If the issue is not resolved by updating OMEN Command Center and OS, perform the steps to uninstall, then reinstall the OMEN Command Center.

1. Click Start.
  2. Click the Settings icon.
  3. Select Apps.
  4. Locate the OMEN Command Center, and click Uninstall. Allow the uninstall process to complete (a restart may be required).
  5. Click the Search icon.
  6. Type Microsoft Store in the search field.
  7. Launch the Microsoft Store.
  8. Locate OMEN Command Center.
  9. Select Get to re-install the OMEN Command Center.

Let me know how that pans out,
If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,
That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,
Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

HP Recommended

Hi praveen196. Thanks for your response. Tried Procedure #1 & #2. Neither worked for me. The OMEN Command Center is a function geared for gaming which I don't do any way. After updating twice neither procedure showed a way to accomplish what I'm wanting to do. If you have any other suggestions please let me know. Thanks.  

HP Recommended

@NStem

Please update the BIOS and check for the issue.

Please try to create a new user account for the Omen command center and check.

If the issue still persists, please perform the system reset.

Have a nice day!!

HP Recommended

Hi praveen196,

Thanks for your response. This fix will take some additional time on my part. The latest BIos upgrade only lets me create a recovery USB drive but won't let me upgrade the BIOS. The issue is with/for the HP Consumer Desktop PC BIOS Update (ROM Family SSID 830C), Version F.28 Rev.A, 8.9 MB, Release Date of 06/05/2019.

I've tried the BIOS upgrade a couple of times with no luck. I have to prepare a few thing before I do a System Reset. I can't just wipe out the programs that I've been using. Please keep this issue open and I'll be back to you as soon as I can. Right now that will be at least a week. Thanks praveen196.

NSTem 

HP Recommended

@NStem

Thank you for the update.

While performing the reset you have to select keep my files option.

Please perform the windows reset and check. If the issue still persists, please get back to us.

Have a nice day!! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.