Mike2807
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Ryzen 3 2200g VGA Issue

HP Recommended
HP 285 G3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I'm having a problem with a HP 285 G3 MicroTower, with AMD Ryzen 3 2200G with Radeon Vega Graphics, connecting to a projector via VGA. 

If I connect the Desktop to a monitor via HDMI, it displays fine. 

If I then connect to the projector via VGA, I get no output on the projector. The Desktop detects no 2nd monitor. 

If I disconnect the HDMI cable, and connect just the Desktop and projector via VGA, and reboot, I get the splash screen, but no display in Windows itself.

If I download the latest AMD display driver (not the latest one as displayed on the HP site for the product) then the projector is detected; however only with a 640x480 resolution.

Connecting to monitor via HDMI is fine, but I need to be able to make use of VGA too, and this just doesn't seem possible. 

Common problem by the looks of it too:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?ei=0GDYXcyTDJP4gQaesbPgAw&q=Ryzen+3+2200g+vga+problem&oq=Ryzen+3+220...

Please advise. 

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation