Honor Student
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Screen doesn't turn on

HP 20-C332DS
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

My screen will not turn on but the computer does. This happened previously a few times, where the screen wouldn't turn on for hours or days, but last week I upgraded the RAM and now the screen doesn't turn on at all. 

1 REPLY 1
Grad Student Grad Student
Grad Student
222 212 15 38
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Screen doesn't turn on

Hello alink50,

Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

Since you are facing a boot issue with a blank screen please follow below instruction and click on the web link given below should be able to help you to resolve the issue on your unit. 

1. Please disconnect the addition RAM and then check if the issue occurs or not, if working fine then do not connect the RAM and check for compatable RAM for your unit.

2. HP All-in-One Desktop PCs - Computer Starts but Monitor/Screen Remains Blank

Let us know how it goes!

*Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
*Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.
* Click on "Purple Thumbs up" button to the left side of my post to say thanks!

Regards
Ahmed
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation