Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hp touchsmart envy20
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32-bit)

I had packed away the desktop for a move about 9 months ago.  Finally got around to hooking it back up.  Needed some updates.  Halfway through the update process the screen starts bouncing and flickering all over. It's like there's multiple screens with different colors bouncing all around.  Everything works fine, including touch feature. 

I have done system reset, system restore, windows updates,  driver software clears and updates, un installed Norton, etc. Etc

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

20200623_001141.jpg

20200623_001143.jpg

 pictures of what the flicker looks like. It's like what is shown in the photos but bouncing all around.  Like a "base image" stays in place, while multiple mirrors of the base bounce and flicker

HP Recommended

@Cg102

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

• Have you updated Graphics and Chipset drivers?
  • Have you checked the display on an external monitor?

let’s try these steps to resolve the problem:

I recommend you attempt to access the BIOS screen by tapping on F10 while the computer is restarting, 

If the issue persists in the BIOS screen which is outside windows, it would confirm a hardware failure.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.