bellere
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Screen keeps flashing white

HP Recommended
HP Chromebook x360
Chrome OS

This issue has been going on for over two months now.

I just recently got this laptop on Christmas, and it's otherwise brand new. I didn't have any issues with it for the first few months, but lately, my screen has been briefly flashing white for periods of a few seconds each in repetitive patterns. When I'm on Canva via the Chrome browser and designing something, I'll go to adjust the size of an image or text and the screen flashes white every. single. time. Today, it stayed white until I refreshed the page. This happens on other websites too, and even sometimes at random. It's starting to get really annoying and in the way of my work.

Is there an easy fix to this?

Here's the rest of my laptop info: Version 81.0.4044.141 (Official Build) (64-bit) and it's currently up-to-date.

1 REPLY 1
praveen196
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
10,488 10,491 472 748
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@bellere Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that the Chromebook display is flickering. I'll certainly try to assist you with the issue! To assist you better, I need complete product details. If unsure, please check: http://hp.care/2oPCMBG

Alternatively, please perform a hard reset of the Chromebook. Sometimes, this will remove these lines since you are resetting the hardware.

If that doesn't help, then you should restore your Chromebook. This will reinstall Chrome OS which will eliminate the issue if it is a software conflict.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation