Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 23fi monitor
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

My computer was disconnected for a few weeks while shifting. On reassembly I cannot get screen to to stop flickering with thousands of coloured lines, both vertical and horizontal. You can make out the desktop page behind them but not enough to be able to use it. Tried different cables and the original setup disk and although it appears on the screen you can't see it well enough to operate it either.

Importantly I think..... If I disconnect the desktop cable from the moniter and just have the power cable only connected to the monitor it still does the same thing so I am wondering if something happened through the buttons on the bottom of the screen, perhaps as I was connecting it,  and can be corrected there?  

If your wondering how I wrote this ...I am using my laptop.....to find out if you have any ideas!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@twobads

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

Sorry, but I don't have very good news for you ...

You already took the additional step to try the monitor without the video cable connected, and the results you are seeing confirms that this is a hardware problem with the monitor.

At this point, you would need to replace the monitor.  While you MIGHT be able to get it repaired, the cost would far exceed what you would spend to replace it.

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@twobads

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

Sorry, but I don't have very good news for you ...

You already took the additional step to try the monitor without the video cable connected, and the results you are seeing confirms that this is a hardware problem with the monitor.

At this point, you would need to replace the monitor.  While you MIGHT be able to get it repaired, the cost would far exceed what you would spend to replace it.

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.