LamkinD
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Second monitor for HP Envy Desktop; Product #: 1TS54AV

HP Recommended
HP Envy Desktop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm trying to set up an Insignia HDTV, Model #NS-24DF310NA19, as a second monitor to extend my desktop. I have a verified working HDMI cable, and no matter which port I connect to on the computer and/or the TV, the computer will not recognize that anything is plugged in.  The NVidia video card as 1 HDMI port that allows me to use my normal computer monitor or this TV as a display, and also has three Display Port connectors.  The motherboard has two HDMI ports which will not recognize anything plugged into them.

Help.

1 REPLY 1
The_Fossette
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
29,155 29,140 1,953 2,593
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@LamkinD,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I reviewed your post and I understand that the second monitor is not getting detected.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

Are you connecting the TV to the HDMI port on the motherboard? If yes, then you to make sure that both the monitor and the TV are connected to the ports available on the graphics card.

When you have a graphics card installed on the computer the display ports available on the motherboard gets disabled.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation