Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre USB-C traveldock 2SR85AA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Bought the 2SR85AA usb-c traveldock

according to the  site it should work on a HP Pavilion - 15-cs0960nd (4JR26EA)  

sadly VGA or HDMI doenst work. Tried 3 different monitors (2 times hdmi one time VGA)

2nd monitor cant be deceted by computer.

the pavilion has a USB-3.1 port that should support power, Displayport 1.2b  and such on.

But the monitors are never decteded.  I Am at a los.

please help

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Triple_NL Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that the Spectre USB-C traveldock doenst work on Pavilion 15 cs960ND.

Do not worry. I will try to fix the issue.

Please update the firmware and check.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp95001-95500/sp95303.exe

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Hi @Praveen196 thanks for your suggestion

i’ve updated The firmware.  Update was successful.  But the vga and hmdi still do not work when connected.

found a colleague with dell laptop with thunderbolt port And the dockingstation works well even with vga en hmdi connected.

so it seems that the specifications for the dock to work with vga or hmdi, as stated on the hp site and on the box : “ usb 3.1 gen1 displayport 1.2b charge on sleep . “ is simply wrong and misleading. it should state usb-c 3.1 thunderbolt.

already contacted HP support desk UK. They confirmed my findings.

HP Recommended

@Triple_NL

Thank you for the update.

In that case, perform the thunderbolt port test.

1. Power off the PC and make sure that it is completely powered off.

2. Press the power button and the moment you press the power button immediately start tapping F2 key, you should see the system diagnostics screen.

3. Look for the component test, under that all the hardware will be listed, please choose USB and initiate the quick test.

Note: If it fails it will generate a 24 digits alphanumeric failure id, please capture that.

Have a nice day!!

HP Recommended

@Praveen196

run that test. No errors. (run all the components tests, no errors)

@ the USB test the program states that "thunderbolt via USB-c testing isn't supported with the testingtool

And that "Graphics device via USB-c) never can be tested.    (translated from dutch)

it seems that despite specs, my pavilion even has Diplayport 1.2b via USB-C...   and that is a big let down

HP Recommended

@Triple_NL

Thank you for the update.

In that case, I would suggest you perform the system reset.

Have a nice day!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.