Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 13 inch
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have had this laptop for 4 years.  

Ever since I had this laptop, it has the familiar ghost/phantom touch issue on the screen.  it used to be only on the bottom left, but now it is anywhere.  The first time I experienced this phantom / ghost touch issue was during the Frickin' BAR Exam.  That was already the most stressful day, and HP had to go and throw a frickin computer bomb on me.  I pressed on the ghost touch area of the screen so hard that day...and it temporarily went away, but then like clock work, 5-10 times a day it does it.

It happens after about 10-30 minutes of being on, an only goes away if I put it to sleep and then awake the computer.  On a daily basis, I have to put the laptop to sleep and awake about 5-10 times.

Every time I open my laptop from a sleep state and begin to use it, the screen begins to register a phantom persistent touch within 10-30 minutes of the computer being on.  I cannot make the issue go away any other way other than closing the laptop lid or putting it to sleep and reopening it but it'll start again after a prolonged sleep period.   I've tried updating all of the drivers...cleaning the screen...reinstalling Windows...and nothing works.  

I have seen that there are "Solutions" to this issue, only to find out that the issue was not actually fixed in the solutions offered, only patches until it happens again, which it always does.

This has been an issue for FOUR YEARS...  How does HP not have a solution to this issue?

While the laptop was still under warranty, I was dealing with HP to fix this issue, and they strung me along long enough to lose warranty status, so now there is no way to replace the laptop.  

We put men an the Moon...have launched a Tesla into space, we have built amazing innovations and inventions.

How is it that the computer company HP cannot fix a simple touch screen issue?  Is the issue not simple and would require HP to spend tons of money to fix this known issue (4 years known)?  My next laptop will NOT be HP.  My gf has a Sony and a Dell XPS...both have never had an issue.  

HP...fix this issue ASAP.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.