Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Prodesk 490 G2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

Two machines started experiencing BSOD when calling or receiving calls on Teams a few days ago. Both are PRodesk 490 G2 with Nvidia 210 vga.

The driver mentioned as causing the 0x0000003b is dxgkrnl.sys.

The Nvidia driver is from 2016 v.342.01 and no recent one from the HP support page is saying to be supported so no driver update possible.

SFC found no issues, no recent Windows update (as of 2 weeks back).

Disabling the hardware acceleration on Teams did not change anything. 

Could you please advise what could cause  the issue?

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello

I have the same issue with a HP Compaq 8200 Elite SFF with Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB.

We have this issue since Teams Desktop client is updated to version 1.3.00.34662.

I have downgraded Teams to an older version and since then I don't have any BSOD.

But I know this is just a temporary solution because Teams will be updated automatically.

I will now re-install Windows 10 to 20H2 to see if this error persists with the newest Teams version.

HP Recommended

Thank you, Ulrich. It could be connected with the new features Teams is introducing.

The workaround for us is using the Web version of Teams.

Will try to check with MS support.

HP Recommended

I'm getting the exact same issue.

I've tried a few PCs, but it only seems to effect those that have Core 2 Duo CPUs.

All the PCs I tried have the exact same Windows 10 Image (enterprise 2015 ltsb).

It seems to be related to DirectX, my knowledge isn't that great but I think it might be related to the Core 2 Duo onboard GPU, as it only seems to effect Core 2 Duo PCs.

HP Recommended

Hello we are having the same issue we have a site full of HP devices have you got anywhere with this?

HP Recommended

Hi, I have opened a support ticket to MS but so far we had no luck.

There is a new version of Teams they asked me to install but the issue is still same.

The only workaround for now is to use web version of Teams.

HP Recommended

Hello,

We ran all windows updates and latest Feature Pack and now Teams is running with no issues and restarts.

Please check if the machines are up to date as this was the advise from Microsoft support.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.