Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
PAVILION 27-D1340T
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm very frustrated and am looking to see if there's any way to get some better support.  On July 4th I ordered a Pavilion 27 AOI for my wife, who was going to use it mostly for doing schoolwork (she's an elementary teacher).  I was told by HP Sales that that model had an IR webcam that supports Windows Hello, but when we got it I found out it didn't.  When we first got it, the monitor wouldn't turn, which turned out to be an unplug cable from the monitor to the motherboard (accessible by removing the speaker grill).  Fortunately I was able to fix that the first day.  Then I discovered what looked like a dead pixel (in retrospect it was probably dust), under the screen.  I called HP and the support line said to exchange it, not repair it.  I tried dealing with customer service for the next couple weeks who wanted me to do all kinds of tests before saying they didn't have any in stock to exchange.  They also said "sorry" about the sales person being wrong about the webcam not being an IR model and offered nothing to make it up to us.  HP Support said because the computer was brand new with problems, they should exchange it, but the only option other than a refund was to send it in for repair.

I told them my wife needs the computer, and asked if they could send the parts to me to install or do an advanced replacement.  They couldn't do any, so I shipped it back to them.  Now I learn the replacement screen is on back order for 2 months!  If I had a full refund, I could seek out a different computer.  If they know the computer is going to take 2 months to fix, why not send it back to me so my wife can use it, and then ship it back when the part is back in stock?  Is there anything HP can do for all this inconvenience and poor service?  I understand that there are shipping delays/parts shortages, but from the very beginning HP messed up and has made this so much more difficult and unfriendly to a consumer.  

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@elaurian13

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I want to thank you for taking the time to speak to us today. 

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that 
here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.