Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
6 4 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

The builtin camera does not work or even show up Devices Manager.

HP Recommended
Pavilion 24-b019
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The built-in camera in my Pavilion 24-b019 does not work on Zoom meetings nor does there appear to be any mention of it in Devices Manager.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
28,630 28,583 2,358 3,575
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Doug92 If the drivers for the Imaging devices, which include the webcam, are not displayed in the Device Manager, here's all you need to do, to resolve this issue, once and for all:

Check the anti-virus program settings & ensure it isn't blocking the camera and the same should resolve the issue, if this doesn't help, try the below steps:
Learn how to restore an HP webcam in Windows Device Manager

1. Restart your computer.

If the problem persists, continue using these steps.

2. In Windows, search for and open Device Manager.

3. If there is no Imaging devices category listed, select Action, then Scan for hardware changes.

Image: Scan for hardware changes

4. If Device Manager does not recognize the webcam after the scan, use Microsoft System Restore to go back to a time when the webcam was working properly.

If problems persist, the webcam might have become unplugged internally, and the computer might require service to correct the issue.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us, 

have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
6 4 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for your help. Shortly after posting on the community board, I thought I would try cleaning the camera lens area with a wet-nap (moist towelette) and the camera now works. I had been sticking black electrical tape over the camera and microphone openings for privacy and would remove the tape when I wanted to use the camera and microphone.  I guess the sticky stuff on the tape remained on the lens. I apologize for not trying the wet-nap before I posted  to the community.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
28,630 28,583 2,358 3,575
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Doug92 That's alright, these things happen all the time, 

I'm glad its been sorted and I hope you have a great day, ahead.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
6 4 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

After I replied back to you, I tried to use the camera on Zoom Meetings and it would not work again. Then I tried to connect a Bluetooth headphone set and Bluetooth would not work. I posted about the Bluetooth not working and got a reply from Paul Tikkanen (level) 20). After following his instructions Bluetooth would not show up in Devices Manager at all. Paul said it has likely quit working and suggested an external Bluetooth adapter. I will be taking my computer to a computer repair shop tomorrow morning (July 29th). Thanks for your help. Doug.

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation