Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP All In One 24-fOxx

The diagnostics show that the camera is operating and allows me to take a picture but the screen is blank.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@cam42
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

• Did this happen after a recent window or software update?
  • Have you made any hardware/software changes?
  • Are you sure your computer has a camera? Many models of HP computers did not come with webcams.

While you respond to that, let's try these steps: 

Firstly, Look for the Kill Switch:

The switch is usually on the right-hand side of the PC or on top next to camera, and when enabled will block the camera

Next step: Try a hard reset:

When Windows doesn’t see devices like cameras, sometimes it just needs to be forced to look again.  Try a power reset.

Once detected, you should see the camera in the Device Manager.  Right-click the Start button and select Device Manager.  Expand the Cameras section to see your camera. 

• TIP:  You can disable the webcam here in the Device Manager by right-clicking on the camera and select Disable Device.  Don’t forget to enable it later if needed.

If the issue persists then Install the driver:

Sometimes Windows needs the latest camera driver for the camera to function well.  While in the Device Manager, right-click on your camera and select Update Driver.  Then click Search Automatically for updated driver software.  The latest driver is always available via Windows Update.

More webcam resources:

You can find more webcam troubleshooting support here: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03430151.  Or look through some of our community answers:

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you Echo_Lake. You solved my problem when I couldn't get any response from HP. Appreciate it.

HP Recommended

@cam42

We are happy to hear that the provided troubleshooting steps worked for you.

To thank us for our efforts to help you, click here to access our public post and Select - "Accept as solution", And click on the purple thumbs up, that said, have a Good Day & Good Luck!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.