Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 550-100nl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi everyone, I own an HP Pavilion 550-100nl. Today while I was turning on the computer, the monitor to which it is connected via HDMI no longer receives a signal. I tried to connect another monitor to the computer but it does not work. While the monitor I use for the Pavilion, connecting it to another computer works properly. I think it's a driver problem, but how can I install them on my computer if I can not see the screen? Thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Diego-

Greetings!

Welcome to the HP Support Community. This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips to your technical queries. I have reviewed your post and I understand there's an issue with the display. 

Appreciate you trying the steps. Don't worry, I'm here to help! To better assist you - Were there any recent hardware or software changes made?

While you respond to that, let's try these steps -

Step 1 Hard Reset -
1) Shutdown the computer. 
2) Unplug all the Adapter and peripherals connected. 
3) Press and hold down the power button for 15 to 20 seconds. 
4) Plug-in the Adapter. 
5) Try to turn on the computer. 

Step 2 BIOS Restore -
2) Hold down the Windows and B button together while the computer is still turned off. 
3) Turn on the computer and continue to hold the Windows and B button until a BIOS Recovery screen appears. 
4) Follow on-screen instructions and click on OK

Step 3 System Restore -
2) Turn the computer back on again and repeatedly tap on the ESC until a Startup menu appears. 
3) Press F11 once for System Recovery. 
4) Choose the Keyboard Layout. 
5) Click on Troubleshoot. 
6) Go to Recovery Manager and click on System Restore. 
7) Choose a Restore point or a Restore date when the computer was working fine. 
8) Click on OK to initialize the System Restore.

Hope this helps!

Let me know how that goes.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day ahead 🙂

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@Asmita6658 

I tried the three solutions you showed me and I could not do it because the computer does not recognize the keyboard is connected via USB and Bluetooth.

HP Recommended

@Diego-

Hi there, thanks for trying. This would confirm a hardware issue and the computer needs to be serviced. I'd suggest you contact the Phone Support team to know more about the service options for your computer.

Have a good day!

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Some time ago I advised in this forum to use this procedure, can you tell me if it is possible to do it?

"Disconnect the AC power from the computer.

Remove the side-panel, to expose the motherboard.

Physically remove the add-in Radeon adapter.

Connect a "known-good" monitor to the integrated graphics port.

Reconnect the AC power.

Power-on the computer.

Now, do you see anything?

If not, it's time for you to take the computer, and the add-in adapter, to a professional computer technician, and pay for assistance."

HP Recommended

@Diego-

Hi there, thanks for replying. Those steps are not recommended if you are not comfortable opening the computer as it might cause more damage. I'd suggest you reach out to the Phone Support team in your region regarding the service options for your computer. 

Have a good day!

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.