Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Solved!

The problem with the video card does not load with the new video card

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion p7-1041rum
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hey!

Help me, I bought a new GTX1050Ti graphics card. But the computer with the tig does not boot. I put GTX660, it does not load with it either. Updated BIOS to 7.15. Nothing helps, the computer only works with the native GTX530 graphics card.

What should be done?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
132,210 122,387 20,117 30,849
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

I'm surprised that model card didn't work.

There are no BIOS settings that need to be changed in that model to add a video card, so unfortunately I have no idea what the problem could be.

I don't believe there are any restrictions on adding legacy video cards as long as they work with the power supply.

For now, I guess you are stuck with the GTX530.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

Unfortunately, there isn't anything you can do to get that model video card to work in your PC.

Any nVidia card in the GeForce 700 series or newer, requires a version 8.xx BIOS revision, and your PC's BIOS only goes to v7.15.

You would only be able to run legacy video cards in your PC--Geforce 600 or older.

I don't know about the AMD cards, but if I had to guess, I would say the Radeon HD 6000 series or older.

Evgen24
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the fast reply!

I tried again, the GTX660 does not start. After updating the BIOS to 7.15, there is no squeaking anymore, there is an HP screen and a BIOS version.

Perhaps a ban on another video card?

Or do you need to change something in the BIOS?

0 Kudos
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

I'm surprised that model card didn't work.

There are no BIOS settings that need to be changed in that model to add a video card, so unfortunately I have no idea what the problem could be.

I don't believe there are any restrictions on adding legacy video cards as long as they work with the power supply.

For now, I guess you are stuck with the GTX530.

View solution in original post

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation