Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion All-in-one 24
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The screen blacks out every few minutes or sooner for 2-3 seconds. It seems to happen more often when I'm conducting more tasks. This is a brand new computer out of the box.

I have read various HP support posts and have tried the following but the problem still persists:

Windows verified updated

Graphics driver up to date

No hardware conflicts

Conducted hard restart

Problem still present while in BIOS

I'm thinking its a hardware issue (not the first from what I've Googled). I guess this is a return-to-store issue unless someone has a better solution.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@talcumx If the issue persists while you are in the BIOS screen the issue is most likely a hardware malfunction, I personally suggest you run an extensive system test using the below steps to identify the cause of the failure and talk to HP tech to discuss your options on repairing the device or if your device is within the replacement policy, get it replaced at the store you purchased it from.

Alternatively, I suggest you talk to HP support and discuss your options:

follow the below steps to get started:

1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Click on "Continue as guest".

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Click on "Show Options".

Fill the web-form, to populate a case number and phone number for yourself!

Also, if you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty, is yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from, 

here's how private messages work: Click here for details.

P.S: Welcome to HP Forums! 😉

I hope that answers your query,  

If it did, simply select "Accept as solution", to help the community grow, 

And if you wish to thank us for our efforts, click on the thumbs up for kudos.

Have a great day ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@talcumx If the issue persists while you are in the BIOS screen the issue is most likely a hardware malfunction, I personally suggest you run an extensive system test using the below steps to identify the cause of the failure and talk to HP tech to discuss your options on repairing the device or if your device is within the replacement policy, get it replaced at the store you purchased it from.

Alternatively, I suggest you talk to HP support and discuss your options:

follow the below steps to get started:

1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Click on "Continue as guest".

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Click on "Show Options".

Fill the web-form, to populate a case number and phone number for yourself!

Also, if you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty, is yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from, 

here's how private messages work: Click here for details.

P.S: Welcome to HP Forums! 😉

I hope that answers your query,  

If it did, simply select "Accept as solution", to help the community grow, 

And if you wish to thank us for our efforts, click on the thumbs up for kudos.

Have a great day ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.